Friday, July 9, 2010

ONE GOOD BISCUIT

 Phillippians 4;8

“…whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure…think on these things.

When I was in college (back in the dark ages) I had a roommate that bordered on being a religious fanatic. He would not wear cuff links or a tie pin and he would never think of watching a T.V. show. Since I would do all of the above and more, living with me was a real thorn in the flesh for him.

One evening during a convesation, I said, “Jim, there are some good things on T.V.”. I’ll never forget what he said. He squared off, looked me right in the eye, and replied, “Dale, that may be true, But I’m not sticking my head in the hog’s slop bucket for one good biscuit.”

I laughed at him then, but as time has passed, I have come to appreciate what he said more aand more.

Today, television has more to do with breaking down the morals and undermining Christ in the homes of Ameicans than most of us want to admit.

I'm afraid today more and more Christians are becoming more and more content to feed with the hogs in hope of finding a good biscuit now and then.

“Lord, help me today to reach only for those things that are true, honest, just, and PURE.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! Now THAT was good, Dale...very good. Wonder what Jim is doing today. Are you guys still in touch?

    ReplyDelete