Wednesday, July 7, 2010

HIDE AND SEEK

Barney's Hide and SeekImage via Wikipedia
"For He looks to the ends of the earth and sees under the whole heavens" Job 28:24

Boy, getting old is the PITS!  This thing about losing your memory is not a laughing matter....The other day Jo Anne and I decided to play Hide  and Seek....(It doesn't take much to entertain old folks)  I hid behind the couch and in just a minute or two I forgot why I was there.  I felt so embarrassed "hunkered" down behind that thing.  When I finally got up and found Jo Anne, she was standing in the kitchen with a blank look on her face. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I don't know, I came in here to look for something, but I forgot what it was."

Well, Hide and Seek may be a child's game but I am afraid more adults play it than wants to admit it. 

Some of us hide from responsibility and hope we're never found.

 Some of us hide from reality and don't want to be discovered. 

Some of us hide from the truth and think we can't be seen. 

Some people hide behind their insecurities and dread being exposed. 

Some folks hide in the closet of fear and hope no one opens the door. 

Some hide in darkness and are afraid to face the light.

But the saddest people who play the game are those who hide from God and think they won't be found!

If you, and I, would be so foolish to think we can hide from God, let us hear these words written to Solomon in the 28th chapter of First Chronicles.....

"And you, my son, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

"God , my prayer is that I will live today in such a way that I won't be afraid for you to see anything that I do."  As Will Rogers once said, "May I live in such a  way that I would not be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip."  AMEN
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Such wisdom....and so true!!! I want MY life to be an open book. The things I've experienced have brought me to this place, and to who, and what, I am....I pray I can bring honor to Him by my life. I don't always do that....but I try.....and it is my desire.

    ReplyDelete