Tuesday, July 13, 2010

FOLLOW ME

I saw a bumper sticker the other day which read;

Don't Follow Me.....I'm Lost

Have you ever had someone say, “Just follow us in our car”, and then they end up getting lost? What a thrill! You end up turning left when you should have turned right, making U turns, going the wrong way down one way streets, or ending up on a dead end street. Actually, it sometimes get right down amusing.

Who is following us today? Our spouse? Our children? Our Grandchildren? Our friends? Can they follow us with the assurance that they won't be lost? Can they feel confident that we won't lead them down a wrong path or end up on a dead end street?

A man was walking through a cemetery and saw a head stone which read;

“As you are now, so once was I
As I am now soon you will be
So prepare yourself to follow me”.

The man pondered it a moment then took out a marker and wrote the following on the monument;

“To follow you I will not consent,
Until I know which way you went”

To be sure that those who follow us are not led astray, It is very important to be sure of who we are following....We are told in 1st Corinthians 11:1 to.....
 “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.”

Peter writes to us in 1st Peter 2:21 and reminds us that......
“To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps”.
*********************************************
Lord, help us to follow you today, so that..... “Those who come behind will find us faithful”

No comments:

Post a Comment