Saturday, July 24, 2010

FORGET THE LEAP

Bungee Jumping at Rock Ethos 2008Image via Wikipedia
I think the craziest sport I've ever seen is Bungee Jumping. It is idiotic, but people of all ages are “leaping” into it. (Sorry about the pun) Did you hear about the man who jumped to celebrate his 100th birthday? I guess he thought after 100 years what difference did it make.

I even saw recently where they built a special bungee to hold a couple and a minister so they could say “I do” while taking the “leap of love”. Most couples have enough ups and downs without starting their marriage on a bungee jump.

Do you know why I would never Bungee Jump? There is no way I am going to throw my body into space and put my faith of the future into the integrity of a rubber band. Do so if you like, but I want to know that my life is anchored to something more dependable than a piece of elastic.

Does it sound like there is a spiritual application here? ....I THINK SO...
 ***********************************************
Psalms 62:7-8 “in God is my salvation and my glory” The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.
************************************************
“Lord, help me today to keep my feet planted on the Solid Rock, Christ Jesus, my strength and my refuge.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment