Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WHERE DID ALL THE MEN GO?

The other day someone asked me, “Hey Dale, watcha' know?” My answer was, “I know more and more about less and less, and someday I will know everything about nothing.”
In this blog I will probably prove that point.

I am going to just “ramble around” making some observations about stuff I don't understand and asking some questions about things that I don't have answers for.

The title of this blog asks the question, “Where did all of the men go?”

Most of you are not as old as I am, but I remember when it would have been the exception to find a woman realtor. Now it is the exception if you find a man realtor.

I remember when it was difficult to find a woman in a management position in a bank, and now it is difficult to go into a bank and find a man.

I remember when it would have been a novelty to see a lady commentator on television, and now they out number men at lest two to one. (And there are no ugly ones).

I saw a construction company the other day named “Two girls and a hammer.” Really? Yes, really!

More and more CEO's of major corporations are women.

Remember when most politicians were fat old cigar smoking men? How does that compare to today when more and more women are filling up the halls of congress and even running for president?

It is not unusual at all to see a women climb out of the drivers seat of a big eighteen wheeler at the truck stop. (though I doubt seriously that they loaded the truck.)

Have you noticed that more and more of the “Managers Badges” are pinned on females at the fast food restaurants?

I recently heard a woman speak who was a jet fighter pilot. And there is an increasingly large number of females being placed in combat positions as foot soldiers.

I even saw a lady, with my last name, who is a fire fighter. She was featured on the cover of a magazine. Yep, her last name was Paul, and naturally, she was very pretty.

I'm concerned about some things that are happening in our world today and I wonder if any of the next ten statements relate to what I have already written.
  1. Unemployment is very high and men can't find jobs.
  2. The traditional home is breaking down.
  3. One out of every two marriages ends in divorce.
  4. Student achievement scores continue to go down.
  5. Great numbers of children go to a “Latch Key” program after school, or go home to an empty house.
  6. Preschoolers are being raised by day care centers.
  7. In the absence of moms and homemakers, children are being taught and molded by television.
  8. Most children have unrestricted use of computers and cell phones.
  9. The lack of “tough love” discipline and boundaries, by parents that are too busy or absent, is psychologically crippling our young people.
  10. As fewer and fewer families attend church, the moral fiber of our nation is beginning to unravel.
I offer the following scripture with fear and trembling, because I really don't know how well it relates. But I do know it won't be seen favorably in today's American culture.

Ephesians 5:21-24, 28
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.......28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies.

As I said when I started to write, I am throwing out controversial concepts and asking complicated questions that I can't answer.....But whether you agree or not I've given you something to think about.




2 comments:

  1. I LIKE THE PART WHERE WIVES ARE TO BE UNDER SUBJECTION, BUT IN OUR HOUSE IT IS THE OTHER WAY. POOR ME..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put. I think God sets thing in order and when we fail to follow that order everything gets out of order! Thank you for speaking the truth!

    ReplyDelete