Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HOME IS WHERE YOU PARK IT?

Bumper sticker car parked in Santa Cruz, Calif...Image via Wikipedia
Do you like bumper stickers
While traveling in our R.V. I passed a motor home with a bumper sticker which read, “Home is where you park it.”


That is a clever saying and I've thought a lot about it, but I just can't buy it. There is a lot more to home than just “parking.”

A young boy was standing on the side walk watching his house burn when a bystander said to him, “Well son, I guess you don't have a home now.” To this the lad quickly replied, “Oh, yes we still have our home , we just don't have a house to put it in.”

Houses are made of sticks and stones held together by nails and mud, but homes are made of hearts and souls held together by love and care.

Strengthen your home today. Take time to give someone you live with a hug, and tell them how much you love them. If it happened to be the last time you see them alive, you will be glad you did.

It doesn't matter if your house is a shack, mansion, or an RV. It can be a wonderful home if those who live there are bound together with a strong love for each other and a strong love for God.

Above all else, follow the admonition Joshua 24:15 that reads “….as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I like this today. And you are so right! Sometimes, God has used my home in a humbling process. Seems like soon as one thing is fixed the way "I WANT IT", something else ends up not quite right. I guess that is kinda like my life. I got it just how "I" wanted it and then God showed me it just wasn't quite right. Thankfully, I am learning to see those things with a smile and a joyful heart. I'm learning that just because "I" want it that may not be the way God wants it to look. I'm thankful that my Uncle Dale has been given the gift of observation then conversation. He is helping me with each Blog. Keep up the good work. Oh and about the "Man" thing...We need to talk about that one eye to eye! Ha, just kidding you are right there also....I love you April

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i sure enjoy the blog, and if it can help april praise the lord, just kidding, she is my baby and what a baby... ps. i wouldn't trade the home i have now for the biggst house you could find..

    ReplyDelete