Thursday, March 31, 2011

SECOND FIDDLE

I read where a great orchestra leader was once asked which instrument he thought was the most difficult to play. Without any hesitation, he quickly replied, “The second fiddle. Without it there would be no harmony.”


I think the greatest second fiddle player in the Bible is John the Baptist. He never auditioned for first chair. He is a reminder to us that our position in life is to be in harmony with the One whose shoes we are not worthy to unloose.

Think about how vital those second fiddle positions are in our church or home or at the workplace. They are filled with unsung heroes who quietly maintain the harmony and make sure the “first position” looks and sounds good.
 
I have no doubt but what you know several of these folks.  As a matter of fact you are probably thinking of one or more of them right now. People who are the, " If they don't make it to heaven, I don't have a chance," kinda of people.
 
Let's make it a point this week to tell them how much we appreciate the invisible yet vital roles they play in our lives. 

I think Jesus might have had the second fiddle in mind when He said in the thirteenth chapter of John, “Verily, verily, I say unto you. The servant is not greater than his master.”
**********************************************************************
John 1:27
”He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment