Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I CAN'T DO IT BY MYSELF

El Dorado International Airport runway.Image via Wikipedia
Let me tell you about one of the most frighting things that ever happened to me. I was a student pilot practicing take offs and landings. It was a cool crisp morning and the plane had just touched down when my instructor suddenly said, “Stop here I'm getting out. I think you can do it by yourself.”

I began to panic and argue, but he said, “No no, I have set over here long enough. Sooner or later you have to fly this thing all by your self and today is the day. Pull over, I'm getting out!” He did get out, and standing on the edge of the runway, gave me a wave and said, “Good luck, I'll see you when you hit the ground.”   I thought he used a poor choice of words, and I was scared to death.

I suddenly faced the reality that up to this time I always had the assurance of knowing that any time I made a mistake or exercised poor judgment, my instructor was beside me to make corrections and give me guidance, and I had no fear of crashing and burning as long as he was there.

Now, I don't know about you but I have had some pretty scary moments in my life. Times when I knew I couldn't make it by myself, and I am so glad that God was not like my instructor. Not once has He ever said, “Stop your life. I'm getting out!”

In Joshua 1:5 the Lord says,”...I will never leave you or forsake you”. And in Matthew 28:20 Jesus tell the disciples, “...lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.”

How good it is to know that He will never leave us and that, “In the worst of times, we have the best of God”.
*****************************************************************
 What ever you do, don't take off with out Him!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment