Tuesday, August 24, 2010

HIS ARMS

Deuteronomy 33:27a......”The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms;”

When I was in high school, I had a friend that was my hero, and many years later I still look up to him.
His name is Robert Parker. He had solid Christian convictions, made straight “A”s, and was a great athlete, He was outstanding in track and specialized in running the mile.

When Robert ran, the most impressive thing about the race was always the finish. As he made the last turn and came down the final stretch, his father was always standing at the finish line to catch his exhausted son in his outstretched arms.

Now I don't know about you, but I get excited when I look forward in this race I'm running and know that when I make the last turn and head for the finish line, my Heavenly Father will be standing with outstretched arms to catch my tired, depleted body and say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.
                            *******************************
“Lord, today help me to lay aside every weight and help me to run with patience the race you have set before me.” (Hebrews 12:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment