Monday, December 13, 2010

IT'S IN THE BOOK.

Ephesians 3:4.....”Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.”


I was a sophomore in high school and had probably never read anything larger than a “Classic” comic book in my life. I'm not proud of that, but that's just the way it was.

Then, Mr. Harrison, my high school English teacher brought me a book and challenged me to read it. I can't believe I read the whole thing! And it was over 350 pages!

“Thank you Mr. Harrison, you are one of those teachers that made a difference in my life.”

Well, years have past since then and I still have a hard time losing myself in “just any” book. But the Bible is not “just any” book. It is every book we will ever need bound into one.

I'm concerned that today so many people are reading books written by man about God and so few are reading the book written by God about man.

II timothy 2:15 reminds us that to be approved by God and to be able to know the truth, we must study the Word of God.

Someone has said that the person who does not read is no better than the person who can't read. Apply this to the Bible and the result is spiritual ignorance.

Let's get into the Word, so the Word can get into us.
PS. I wrote this for me....I want to do better.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment