Thursday, December 23, 2010

THE GIFT

II Corinthians 9:15 “Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.”

 The leaves had fallen, the air was cold, some snow was blowing, and it was almost Christmas. Our three children had already written Santa assuring him that they had been good and had enclosed a list of the items they wanted.

Now it was up to the big man in the red suit.

Jo Anne and I had no trouble finding the two “Baby First Step” dolls that Donna and D'Anne wanted, but not one store in town had a “Johnny Lighting” remote controlled car that Dave had his heart set on.

I desperation, I made several calls to Albuquerque and finally located a store that had one left. They promised to hold it until I could get there.

Doesn't love drive us to do strange things?

My only son wanted a “Johnny Lightning” and I drove over four hundred miles to make sure he got it!

But our Heavenly Father showed greater love than that when, on the most important day on the calendar of time, He sent His own son through the long corridors of space to purchase the gift of salvation for you and me.

If you haven't unwrapped your gift of salvation, This Christmas season would be a good time to accept His free gift and make the upcoming twelve months the best year of your life.

Merry CHRISTmas to all to all a great new year!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment