Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tattoos for Christ?

 In  Galatians 6:17  Paul tells us, "...for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus."
Does this mean he had "JESUS" tattooed on his chest?

 Can you believe this tattoo thing that is going on today? And girls of all things! Turning those beautiful feminine bodies into a walking billboard of dumb looking garbage. What are they thinking?

I think tattoos are stupid!  I have thought so ever since I had one put on my shoulder at the age of 22. It didn't take long for me to realize that I had done something that was permanent and that I would be ashamed of for the rest of my life.

I'm just glad that I have stayed married to Jo Anne all these years. I would hate to think that I would have to search for a new wife whose name was Jo Anne spelled as two words with an “e” on the end.

 But like anything else we do, and feel wrong about it, we will pay the consequences. But I'm also thankful that God is faithful and just to forgive. It's just that I wish I didn't have to go to the grave with the temple of the Holy Spirit marked with a tattoo.

Now, if you have a tattoo, I'm not trying to condemn you to hell. If I did that I would have to go with you, but I am trying to warn any young person who reads this to think long and hard before they permanently mark their body with something that will be an embarrassment once they get up fools hill and start down the other side.

I have 7 grandchildren and they have done some pretty weird things, but, as far as I know, none of them has been stupid enough to get a tattoo. And just on the rare chance one of them would read this, I just want them to know how proud I am of them for not being as stupid as their granddaddy
.
If you have tattoos all you can do is live with it and put it behind you as you would anything else you wish you hadn't done.. But, if you don't have tattoos, for heavens sake don't get any!

I don't think getting a tattoo is what Paul had in mind when he said, “Present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable.” And maybe we should give some more thought about what Paul meant when he said, “I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.”

2 comments:

  1. i love you, Mr Paul! How can i help but??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, do I ever agree with you - WHY, WHY, WHY???????????? studid is the best word for it - to mess with God's perfection is beyond me! p

    ReplyDelete