Monday, November 22, 2010

OVERDRAWN?

Philippians 4:19....”But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

I'm sure you have heard of the lady who said, “I can't be overdrawn! I still have checks left”. (That was a lady, wasn't it?)

Well, most of us, at one time or another, has probably bounced a check when we were sure we had money in the bank. But it doesn't make it any less embarrassing, does it?

The first question most of us asks is, “How could that have happened”? Well, the answer is simple. We withdrew more than we deposited. DUH!
"I warn you, Sir! The discourtesy of this...Image via Wikipedia

The same thing can happen to us spiritually. How often do we overdraw our spiritual account? How often do we run out of our own resources and cry out to God, “I can't be overdrawn! I still have checks left?

Then with a love we can't understand He Quietly says, “Oh child, when will you ever understand? It's not the checks! It's the resources! Come unto me and I shall supply all your needs according to my Father's riches in glory.”

 
If we invest our lives in God, our account balance will always be greater than our own resources.

"And you can bank on it!”



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment