Saturday, February 12, 2011

RICH OR POOR?

Outhouse cm01Image via Wikipedia
As a young child, I have memories of outhouses, wood cook stoves, and baths taken in a galvanized wash tub in the middle of the kitchen floor.. I've eaten lots of red beans with baking soda biscuits and water gravy. A lot of my clothes were made by my mom from the missionary box or feed sacks.


And you talk about early American furniture. In one house we had cabinets made out of orange crates and a couch created by my mother from an old army cot.

But you know what? If we were poor I didn't know it.

I had a mother and father who trusted in a God that also became poor so that we might be rich. Not rich in houses and land or in the abundance of things. You can have all of that and still not be rich.

True riches are the things that can't be taken from us, such as peace, contentment, joy, faith, wisdom, humility, and love. All of these things come from God, not the world.

We don't enjoy life because of the things God gives us. We enjoy the things God gives us because of His life.

Philippians 4:19
“But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment